Salary: $15 - $18 / hour
Working for our ODP department means you would be working with our individuals that have intellectual disabilities. Many of the services will be taken place out into the community to work on certain skills and work on outcomes/goals. However, we sometimes have ODP individuals available where the care will take place in the home.
At this time we are looking for staff who is able to drive our clients during their shifts. Some do not require driving for every shift but maybe a few times a week. In order to drive our clients we need to see a valid driver's license and the declaration page of your insurance. Your ability to drive clients will open up a variety of shifts we have available.
Provides assistance to assigned consumers determined by the individual care plan this may but not always include:
· Light housekeeping
· Dressing and undressing
· Toileting activities
· Assisting with ambulation and transfer activities
· Assisting with nutritional and dietary needs, including: Preparing meals, serving meal(s), Feeding consumers to ensure adequate nutrition and fluid intake, Washing/drying dishes
· Utilizing basic infection control technique and procedures:
· Reminding consumer to take medications
· Maintaining consumer confidentiality
· Encouraging consumer control and promoting the independent living philosophy
. Locate recreational activities
· Help consumer work on independence skills (ex: money management, looking for volunteer or job opportunities)
· Documentation at the end of every shift
· Ensure the safety of the consumer while out in the community
· Be at least (18) years of age
· Have two forms of valid identification
· Own vehicle to transport individuals
· No driver's license suspensions
· Current CPR card (BLS for healthcare providers, hands on course)
· Intellectual Disabilities/Autism experience needed
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
401(k) savings plan
Awards and recognition programs
About Maxim Healthcare Services
Maxim Healthcare Services has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, employees and communities for more than 30 years. We offer private duty nursing, skilled nursing, physical rehabilitation, companion care, respite care and behavioral care for individuals with chronic and acute illnesses and disabilities. Our commitment to quality customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical healthcare needs makes us a trusted partner wherever care is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.