Position Title:Clerk IV - Accounts Payable Specialist
Required Minimum Qualifications:• Any combination of progressively responsible related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to four years of full-time employment.
Preferred Qualifications:Experience using Microsoft Excel
Accounts payable experience
General accounting experience or knowledge
Experience creating and/or running reports
Experience in Workday, PeopleSoft, and/or ServiceNow
The Iowa State Accounts Payable team is accepting applications for an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position, under general supervision, performs and coordinates specialized work of a quasi-technical nature requiring a knowledge of a specialized subject matter. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
• Researches information, prepares, reviews and analyzes documents, such as reports, applications, records etc., applicable to a specialized subject area requiring independent informational search and a knowledge of the policies and procedures of both the assigned and related work areas.
• Creates and maintains a complex database that requires specialized subject matter knowledge.
• Analyzes the data to maintain the database and generate reports.
• Troubleshoots database problems for staff.
• Advises staff, faculty, and others requiring interpretation of policies and regulations of specific projects or programs in assigned work area.
• Coordinates intra unit and interunit operations and procedures and participates in regular staff meetings to discuss and assist in developing operational policies and procedures.
• Composes correspondence requiring judgment in the application of policies and procedures in both the assigned and related work areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of institutional and unit policies, processes, and forms.
• Knowledge of format and clerical procedures to arrange a variety of material from different sources in a coherent and logical manner.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.
• Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online systems to develop unit-specific applications.
• Skill in operating office equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
• Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
• Ability to gather, analyze, and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Number of Months Employed Per Year:12 Month Work Period
Time Type:Full time
Application Instructions:To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following: 1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae 2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485. Why Choose ISU? Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Employees enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as: • Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans • Generous vacation, holiday and sick time and leave plans • Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa) • Life insurance and long-term disability • Flexible Spending Accounts • Various voluntary benefits and discounts • Employee Assistance Program • Wellbeing program • This job may also be eligible for flexible work schedules and flexible workplace options that may include flexible working hours and a hybrid working environment.
Original Posting Date: November 20, 2023
Posting Close Date:December 3, 2023
Job Requisition Number:R13498
By focusing on the future and providing the best student experience possible, Iowa State attracts students and faculty who want to make a difference. With a comprehensive land-grant mission of education, research, extension and outreach, we produce scholars whose ideas change the world. And through Innovate at Iowa State , we provide innovative and entrepreneurial opportunities for students of all backgrounds. Located just 30 minutes north of Des Moines, the city of Ames was recently named one of the Top 10 cities in the U.S. for campus life and career opportunities.
Iowa State University is a global and culturally diverse university committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment for both learning and employment. We know that diversity in experience and perspective is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and building an inclusive academic community. At Iowa State, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituents. The university has an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in Iowa State University's Principles of Community. (https://www.diversity.iastate.edu/connect/principles)
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check and/or a consumer credit check.
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com .
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll-Free at 1-877-477-7485 . Iowa State University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com or call (515) 294-4800 or Toll-Free: (877) 477-7485 . TTY users are welcome to use the Iowa Relay Service number by dialing 7-1-1 or (800) 735-2942 .
General ISU compensation information can be found on the University Human Resources (https://www.hr.iastate.edu/careers/compensation) website. Please note that this is only a list of ranges and individuals will be paid commensurate with qualifications.