Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and validating server equipment and configurations, troubleshoot network issues, and manage the overall IPAM and Infoblox DNS infrastructure for a large federal customer.
The Main Responsibilities
• Install, configure, and maintain diverse types of server hardware and software.
• Perform backup & recovery functions and monitor the performance of servers.
• Configure, manage, and implement operating systems.
• DNS & IPAM implementation, integration, and migration planning.
• Development and maintenance of fault diagnosis procedures to support effective fault resolution.
• Network-related testing to ensure DNS & IPAM products operate correctly.
• Provide ongoing, informal, knowledge transfers, and cross training with the team.
• Support and plan for Infoblox migrations, including assistance with:
o DNS migration of all zone types.
o DNSSEC deployment and maintenance activities.
o Creating and implementing scripted cutover procedures for zone moves.
o Miscellaneous scripting support to include Infoblox public API usage.
o Documenting how to migrate DNS data to the Infoblox Grid
o Documenting the process for the bulk importing of data.
• Lead and contribute to project status meetings and wrap-up/post-mortems.
• Implement record management process templates and documentation.
• Develop scripts and automations as necessary to import/verify data processing.
• Technical input to major service outage root cause analysis and corrective action reports.
• Become integrated with our customer, server and IPAM vendor, and Infoblox processes and procedures.
• Understand your customer’s technical needs and requirements and recommend solutions.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Significant experience with server management and solution integration into large enterprise and/or public networking environments.
• Extensive experience in DNS, DHCP, IPAM and related services - Configuration and Management.
• In-depth knowledge of DNS/BIND/EDNS/ECSE3A/RPZ, NTP, IPAM, DHCP, NAT etc. over IPv4&IPv6.
• Experience with Infoblox architecture and implementation.
• Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Linux/Unix, service management and networking protocols for BGP, OSPF, Anycast, GTM/LTM, CDNs, forward and reverse proxy techniques and using APIs in large telecommunications organizations are a plus.
• Must be detail oriented, committed to deadlines and have proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be self-directed.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. Person
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 331234
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/faq) . Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.