This position is located in Austin, TX.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS Infrastructure Services Supply Chain (AIS SC) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
The AWS Power and Cooling (PAC) team is looking for a results-oriented Supply Chain Analyst to manage the supplier drawing and specification approval process for power and cooling equipment. You must be a self-starter and effective influencer with an intense curiosity and learning drive. You must be a leader and program manager as you will coordinate and track suppliers' technical drawing and specification approval process for power and cooling equipment at every level within multiple cross-functional teams at all levels. You should be able to work independently and generate high-quality work against aggressive deadlines in a collaborative, ever-changing and ambiguous environment. As a member of the AWS Power and Cooling Supply Chain Submittals Team, you will manage the supplier technical drawing and specification approval process for one or more of the categories within the Power and Cooling Equipment space supporting AWS Data Center build projects.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversight and coordination of multi-discipline division of work related to supplier technical drawing and specification approval process for power and cooling equipment for Amazon critical infrastructure.
• Manage internal and external stakeholder communication, and provide status updates on projects and deliverables related to supplier technical drawing and specification approval activities.
• Track the supplier drawing and specification approval life cycle to secure design approvals in a timely manner.
• Manage supplier performance as it relates to supplier technical drawing and specification approvals.
• Monitor existing metrics as well as develop and propose new metrics to provide actionable data to critical business stakeholders as it relates to supplier drawing and specification approval process management.
• Support suppliers and internal stakeholders involved in the construction and commissioning of various systems including medium and low voltage power systems, Generators, UPS, HVAC and transformers.
• Required Travel: Approx. 5% of the time.
A day in the life
Every day is different but our team has a set of predictable duties such as:
Weekly sync with Vendors, Engineers, Construction managers, and many others
Composing reports and analyzing metrics
Pursuing initiatives to standardize and smooth our work.
Troubleshoot ad-hoc issues and doing all that's necessary to unblock the submittals approval process.
Vendor-facing and customer-facing role to address challenges.
About the team:
- This role will manage a major region in the globe. We work closely together to share best practices. We are smart, hard-working, and have excellent internal cohesion.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Herndon, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or related field, or additional 4+ years of related industry experience in lieu of a degree
6+ years of related program management and/or planning experience, or 4+ years with advanced related degree
3+ years of experience with data analysis using tools such as advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.
Background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline.
MBA or advanced degree in engineering, supply chain, analytics or other quantitative disciplines.
3+ years of experience in supply chain or procurement
3+ years of experience in product management, requirements management, or leading an implementation of a product.
Has designed the strategy and execution road map for a product/program
Strong data acumen and experience building Tableau dashboards
Ability to think big and drive innovation throughout the supply chain
Be Analytical and have a passion for diving deep
Experience in technical program management related to data centers, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company.
Effectively communicate relevant information at all levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $63,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $153,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.