Amazon has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager to join our Finance & Business Integration team.
This position supports and directly influences the launches of some of the newest global initiatives from Amazon’s Stores business including e-commerce Retail and Third-Party marketplaces, Payment products, logistics & Transportation network for the worldwide teams. This leader will drive financial automation programs with global stakeholders including business product managers, financial engineering teams, accounting operations, business finance, tax, treasury, and others. In this role, the candidate will be part of a team that collaborates to deliver world class financial solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible. This person will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment. Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to influence leaders are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements and prioritize.
Successful candidates will have deep experience in the following three disciplines – Accounting, Program Management, and Financial Systems. The role requires an individual with finance and accounting knowledge, experience working with technology teams to design and build world class financial systems integration solutions and the capacity to accelerate the launch and management of an ongoing financial integration program. They need the ability to influence senior leaders and the willingness to drive the implementation of decisions across a global scope, balancing time to market with investments in automation.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and drive new programs with cross-functional stakeholders, defining end to end strategy, owning and managing implementation activities, developing processes, metrics, documentation and communications, and supporting continuous improvement of programs.
• Partner with WW business, Tech, product/ program teams on delivering high-quality program; provide feedback on priorities, outcomes and timelines.
• Partner with business teams to influence business processes and decision making to scale financial recordkeeping health while meeting business objectives
• Communicate and influence adoption of new/updated programs and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
• Collaborate and build relationships with business, accounting, technology, and finance owners globally to build scalable financial automation with the highest degree of controllership.
• Look around corners, is biased for action in ensuring the team is set up for success in achieving our goals, and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence.
• Implement and manage the launch policies and exception mechanisms to identify, inventory, track, and resource automation with multiple technology teams, as well as report status of financial automation initiatives and hold leaders accountable across multiple functional organizations.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Culver City, CA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | Portland, OR, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
7+ years of delivering cross functional projects experience
7+ years of program or project management experience
7+ years of managing teams experience
7+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
CMA, or CPA
Experience leading financial technology automation and process improvement initiatives with tech and non-tech teams
Experience working with, presenting to and influencing senior executives up to VP level
Experience supporting accounting/finance customers to set and effectively manage expectations, project deliverables, and drive resolution when conflicts or issues arise
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related financial field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $225,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.