Job Title: Single-Cell Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: Bothell, WA (on-site)
Hours/Schedule: Normal Business hours
Compensation: $60-65.00/hr W2 (depending on experience and education)
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist with specific expertise in the analysis of single-cell omics data to join the Computational Biology group within Research at client and to contribute to the development of innovative antibody-based therapies for treating cancer.
This position will work within the Computational Biology team and collaborate with scientists across the Research and Translational Sciences organizations to lead, develop and advance our single-cell omics profiling capabilities, including sc-RNAseq, -ATACseq, and -CITEseq, and to also help advance other emerging high resolution expression profiling modalities such as spatial omics (e.g., GeoMx) and spectral flow cytometry. Specific responsibilities will include the following.
• Develop, maintain and execute pipelines for processing high-dimensional data, including single-cell and spatial-omics, flow cytometry and imaging modalities.
• Perform QC and downstream analyses from same
• Perform benchmarking of competing algorithms and statistical models to inform best practices
• Collaborate with scientists on experimental design for single-cell experiments
• Aid in the construction of atlases containing high-value public single-cell omics datasets
• PhD in bioinformatics, biology, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or other related discipline, and 2+ years bioinformatics-related industry or post-doctoral experience.
• Extensive experience running single-cell omics (sc-RNAseq -ATACseq, -CITEseq, etc.) processing pipelines and performing QC and downstream analyses using industry-standard platforms such as Cell Ranger and Seurat.
• Experience processing, analyzing, and interpreting single-cell omics data.
• Experience integrating multi-modal single-cell experiments.
• Experience accessing, using, and integrating public omics data, including datasets relevant to the biology and treatment of cancer, such as TCGA, GTEx, and GDSC.
• Strong expertise in R or python.
• Knowledge of classical and modern statistical methods, and proficiency implementing and applying those methods in the R or python environments.
• Familiarity with standard coding best practices and source code control.
• Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to illustrate problems and generate solutions working with bench researchers.
• Experience with single-cell or spatial atlas-level dataset generation and integration
• Experience analyzing spatial omics, flow cytometry, imaging/microscopy, or other high-content biological data
• Experience utilizing cloud-based compute infrastructure
• Experience with machine learning and/or AI methods (SVM, neural nets, autoencoders), and frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.