The ideal Cashier has a passion for fashion, is positive, energetic and enjoys providing excellent customer service while working at the point of sale.
A day in a life...
· Assist customers over the phone and at checkout with sales, returns and other transactions while delivering amazing customer service
· Keep the service quick, easy and fun by listening to customer needs and sharing your love for fashion
· Be a great team player by doing your part of keep the department “runway ready,” including straightening up, lightly cleaning and restocking the cash wrap area and sales floor
· Stay up on key fashion trends and products so you can help customers with purchase decisions as necessary
· Build relationships with customers by telling them about upcoming events, Nordstrom gift cards and Nordstrom Rewards program
You own this if you have…
· The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests from customers in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong organization and follow-through
· A knack for problem solving
· Proficiency with computers and an interest in learning new computer applications
The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
Life Insurance and Disability
Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
We’re a fast-moving fashion company that started as a shoe store in 1901. This heritage of service is the foundation we’re building on as we provide convenience and true connection for our customers. We empower our people to be innovative, creative and focused on providing the best service to our customers. Through it all, we remain committed to leaving the world better than we found it.
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain pro, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
CUSTOMER OBSESSEDWe strive to know our customers better than anyone else. We listen, anticipate, build trust and move with speed to deliver on their needs.
OWNERS AT HEARTWe treat every interaction as an opportunity to make an impact and deliver excellence.
CURIOUS AND EVER CHANGINGWe approach problems with curiosity and create solutions. We unlock potential to be bold, think big and inspire innovation.
HERE TO WINWe’re committed to delivering results, both today and tomorrow. We win as a team by supporting and challenging one another to be better every day.
WE EXTEND OURSELVESWe treat each other with respect and kindness. We do the small things that make a big difference. We create a welcoming environment, helping people feel connected, valued and part of one community.
Come on! Join us!