To be fully engaged by demonstrating leadership through the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of professional nursing practice. Nursing care is provided to the individual patient based upon cultural, spiritual and age-specific needs.
1. Demonstrates effective medication administration provided to patients as evidenced by Preceptor Observation Tool, Skills Fair Demonstration, and Clinical Practice.
2. Demonstrates appropriate delegation and supervision of patient care activities within the healthcare setting.
3. Demonstrates effective communication with other members of the healthcare team and promotes effective team functioning.
4. Utilizes Health First computer systems for order entry, order inquiry, and patient care documentation.
5. Demonstrates effective and safe clinical practice as evidenced by skills fair demonstrations, completion of annual competency assessment, and age-specific checklist.
6. Coordinates interdisciplinary plan of care based on current evidence-based practice.
7. Documents all nursing care, changes in condition, responses to therapy, treatments, procedures, and referrals on patient record to meet standards.
8. Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
9. Provides patient, family, and caregiver education as directed by the plan of care.
10. Provides service to patients and families with sensitivity and respect for their needs, expectations, age, cultural, and individual differences.
11. Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction and HCAHPs scores for department/medical center and/or written compliments by patients/others as well as consistent performance of purposeful hourly rounding and bedside shift report.
12. Uses and cares for equipment and supplies economically
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited professional nursing program
• License: Current State of Florida RN licensure or endorsement
• Certification: Must hold current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain; other certification(s) as required by unit specific assignment
• Work Experience: Must meet unit specific care requirements
o Ability to speak/understand written and verbal instructions in the English language
o Sound organizational skills to include time management and problem-solving
o Ability to respond appropriately in emergent situations
o Excellent interpersonal skills to work with patients/customers of varied levels of understanding
o Ability to foster and develop a collaborative team environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - High
• Physically agile; requires walking, standing, running, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, or crouching majority of the shift
• Heavy work that frequently includes lifting or moving objects up to 100 pounds or more with or without assistance
• May require moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces, including reaching above shoulders or over head
• May lift, turn, pull, push, or ambulate people and/or equipment with or without assistance up to 90% of the assigned shift
• May be exposed to inside environments and outside environments with extreme temperatures, air contamination, dirt, grease or water
• May require working with biohazards such as blood/body fluids and airborne particles following OSHA and CDC Guidelines.
• May operate various types of manual and motorized equipment used in the transportation of materials
• May be exposed to intense noise or vibration and awkward or confined work position
• Communicating with others to exchange information.
• Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks
• Workspace may vary from open to confined; on site or remote
Page 3 of 3
• May require travel to various facilities within and beyond county perimeter; may require use of personal vehicle
Job: *Registered Nurse
Organization: *Cape Canaveral Hospital
Title: Health First RN - CCH Surgical Float Pool, Per Diem
Location: Florida - Brevard County
Requisition ID: 069942