Sr. Financial Analyst
Buffalo, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2376+South+Park+Avenue+Buffalo+NY+14220) • Finance
Lactalis is currently seeking candidates to join our Management Control team in Buffalo, NY.
Lactalis Group, the world leader in dairy, is a family-owned business with more than 85,000 pragmatic and ambitious professionals worldwide, committed to providing healthy and delicious dairy products that bring people together every day. At Lactalis, our core values ofAMBITION,ENGAGEMENT, andSIMPLICITYare at the heart of everything we do.
If you’re looking for a unique experience with a company that offers strong brands, professional expertise, and a dynamic work environment that champions entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on responsibility, and real opportunity for career development, we want to hear from you!
At Lactalis, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and we know that our candidates come from many different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job posting, we still encourage you to apply and share with us yourSTORY, yourPASSION, and yourEXPERTISE! You may be just the perfect candidate for this or other roles within our company.
From your PASSION to ours
Strategic Business Partnerresponsible for supporting the financial and long-term goals of Lactalis American Group. Primary responsibilities will be Business Unit P&L management, strategic planning, and financial support to drive profitable and responsible growth. Utilize existing, in addition to developing new, methodologies for analytical models as well as data analysis and interpretation. Forecast business impacts and make recommendations for action to the Sales and Marketing teams. Produce weekly, monthly, and annual reports with KPI’s and metrics to assist the business unit in understanding and managing business performance.
From your EXPERTISE to ours
Key responsibilities for this position include:
· Provide interpretation of, and create financial information to assist the business unit in achieving annual targets
· Report on how performance is tracking against budget, forecasts, and prior year results
· Analyze financial data and make recommendations to increase profitability and support volume growth (MS)
· Identify and communicate risks and opportunities (R&O) to monthly forecast and budget
· Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports for CEO, VP of Management Control and BU to present to the Board of Directors (CoDiv); conduct formal and informal presentations on an ad hoc basis
· Evaluate existing management reporting standards, and recommend and implement updated practices as necessary
· Develop annual strategic plan aligned with LAG’s strategic outlook and support LTP & Capex process as required
· Represent the Financial point of view on all cross functional projects including collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Quality, Logistics and Supply Chain
· Partner with business unit to provide financial value-added support that is consistent with the overall strategy of the business specifically including: full P&L management, competitive pricing assumptions, developing go to market strategies, supporting key business initiatives and Brand development
· Deliver raw material analysis including its financial impact on business profitability
· Work closely with Controller’s on the monthly close process including actively monitor the financial results during month-end close to ensure accuracy of customer profitability
· Closely examine SG&A expenses and explain variances
· Review trade spend with assistance from Trade Manager
· Collaborate with other members of the Management Control (FP&A) team to share best-practices
· Exhibit excellent analytical skills and the confidence to make recommendations, while also collaboratively working with cross-functional teams
· Maintain ability to travel, some internationally, 10-15% of the time
· Behave in a professional manner that always represents the Company in the highest ethical standard
· Provide support on other projects as needed, and accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
· Work with other departments to achieve overall company objectives
· Travel and / or extended or off work hours may be required.
· To fulfill these responsibilities, tools such as a computer, phone or, and / or allowance(s) may be provided.
· This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
From your STORY to ours
Qualified applicants will contribute the following:
· Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or another appropriate discipline; MBA is highly desirable.
· Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience, preferably in a consumer foods products company.
· Financial management experience in more than one function would be a “significant plus”.
· Strongly preferred is significant experience in the dairy/cheese industry
· Individual needs to possess leadership, organizational and communication skills appropriate to the position.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
· Reasoning Ability: to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and TEAMS; experience with TM1 is preferred but not required.