Description As a Network Traffic Analyst (NTA), you will be primarily responsible for network traffic analysis, draft architectural requirements, queue up firewall polices for review and approval to accomplish global WAN segmentation in accordance with design specifications.
Looking for someone who can be a team player, self-motivated, requiring minimal direction, and possess solid work ethic.
The NTA should be comfortable interacting with a diverse client base and working collaboratively with others, learning, and supporting new deployments and technologies, automating, and improving processes and addressing problems as they arise.
What will my day-to-day look like?
• Conduct network traffic analysis, draft architectural requirements, queue up firewall polices for review and approval to accomplish global WAN segmentation in accordance with design specifications.
• Conducts analysis of collection and data to profile target networks and their activities.
• Utilizes knowledge of target technologies and digital networks and the applications on them to determine the operating posture of the network.
• Must be technology savvy and flexible enough to rapidly shift from one data collection to another.
• Understanding of Middleware architecture and working knowledge of various middleware application server integration.
• Understanding of ports and protocols as it pertains to utilizations of applications and services.
• Must possess the ability to select collections of data required for analysis. Basic internet research skills and an understanding of telecommunications and computer network communications fundamentals are required.
• Excellent in analyzing the network and application traffic patterns.
• Excellent understanding of various Network discovery tools, Traffic Management tools (Netflow/Sflow) like Orion, FortiAnalyzer, and Wireshark.
• Ability to read packet captures for troubleshooting of data traffic flow.
• Identify application dependency to map between the application and infrastructure components.
• Experience writing and troubleshooting policies on next-gen firewalls (preferably Fortigate).
• Configure and support application/network security policies via FortiManager.
• Must have a sound understanding of traffic steering in an SD-WAN environment.
• Organizes resources and information in support of mission and operational requirements.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Your success will be because you are/have...
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
• Broad understanding of LAN and WAN infrastructure and application ports and protocols.
• 5+ years of network analysis experience.
• 5+ years of experience with telecommunications, network management systems and network management protocols are required.
• Experience with a large-scale WAN segmentation implementation project.
• Experience with Fortinet SDWAN implementations.
• Experience in complex switching, routing and wireless network environments.
• Fine tune the SDWAN with industry best practices.
• Understanding and having knowledge of Cisco routers, switches is a plus.
• Collaborate with Leggett and Platt Corporate IT:
o Cybersecurity Response Team, Blue Team, and Red Team activities
o Global SDWAN Build
o Global VOIP Build
• Collaborate and build relationships:
o Managed Service and Consulting
o LEG and Business Unit IT Leaders
o LEG and Business Unit Process Leaders in Finance and Operations Requirements SD-WAN, Data segmentation, WAN - Wide Area Network, Fortinet Firewalls, Microsoft Excel Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.