The Quality Assurance tester's role is to assist in the development, management, execution of testing related deliverables and activities for the Loyalty Systems Team. The role reports to the Loyalty Systems Director but will interact mainly with team Project Manager and Test Manager.
The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Review business requirements, use cases, etc. to understand scope of deliverables being tested
Create test plans and scripts to ensure development deliverables match desired requirements and expectations
Create and communicate test progress, test results, and outstanding issues, tasks, etc.
Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
Work with business stakeholders to plan and execute UAT
Assist in testing setup and management in preparation for test execution
Assist with smoke testing during production deployments
Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new development and enhancements
Skills and Requirements
* Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application(s)
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives
* 5+ years direct experience as a tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
* Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience with communication tools like MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint * Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr)
Experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software
Prior experience in the hospitality industry null
We are a company committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments where people can bring their full, authentic selves to work every day. We are an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that believes everyone matters. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic factors, age, disability, protected veteran status, military oruniformed service member status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, andordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HR@insightglobal.com.