Amazon Web Services is looking for a Sr. Technical Infrastructure Program Manager to support and deploy one of the world’s largest and most complex telecommunication networks. The role is responsible for the execution of a strategic plan to improve the business processes and deployment of hyper-scaled cloud infrastructure, creation of a quality control system for North and South America (NASA), pre/post-inspections for design validation, and piloting stakeholder communication for delivery schedules. This opportunity is within the Global Connectivity Infrastructure Delivery - Fiber Deployment organization, which is responsible for project management, quality and delivery of fiber capacity for the physical network solutions that drive Amazon’s internal infrastructure and connect our services to the world.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Reports to the NASA GCID-FD Deployment Manager, and updates regularly with the NASA and Global Senior management.
· Serve as a key member of the North and South America GCID-FD team helping to drive overall Network Infrastructure strategy.
· Vendor management to deploy on time, measure progress, and rate through quality Key performance Indicators.
· Develop a focused quality management program that tracks defects, mitigates risks, standardizes root cause analysis, and implements key performance measures to rate vendor success.
· Create and standardize reporting mechanisms for the MFP&A group and provide regular progress updates on program deployment to management and stakeholders.
· Periodically report on the overall network development program status across the assigned region.
· Manage and track approved network plans with internal customers and stakeholders such as technical business developers or construction vendors until the infrastructure is in service.
· Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
· Interact with engineers, technicians, vendors and senior management on a daily basis
· Physically audit completed construction work, review fiber test results, and hand-off completed delivery to internal customers
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Coordinate access and approvals to security-regulated sites
Key job responsibilities
Program management skills to monitor vendor delivery of physical infrastructure projects. Technical skills of either fiber optic outside plant, process engineering, construction management or quality control systems is required.
A day in the life
This role oversees deployment of infrastructure, and iterative procedural changes. This includes travel to the field, generation of weekly reports, and updating standards and specifications for a global deployment team. This position requires onsite visits to physical locations and is not a full time remote job. Physical inspections and learning the technical standards for outside and inside fiber plant is required.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Columbus, OH, USA | Hilliard, OH, USA
3+ years of technical infrastructure management experience
Knowledge of best practices and emerging technologies, related to infrastructure (i.e. network, data center, hardware, software)
Experience with varying scenarios of infrastructure builds
- Has led multiple large network construction programs and has an understanding of OSP and ISP construction standards in multiple regions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.