Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Operations Excellence IA (Industrial Automation), the Director of S&OE/Scheduling Solutions will play a critical role in shaping S&OE technology infrastructure to drive innovation within Industrial Automation. The role will be responsible for executing a comprehensive transformation roadmap to modernize our S&OE systems and operations, enhance efficiency, and improve our overall internal and external customer experience. This position requires strong communication skills, deep technical expertise, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
The focus of this position includes the development, through optimization methods, of an integrated regional or global sales and operations excellence solution from demand release to distribution in support of our regional or global Sr. Director S&OE objectives. The position is also accountable to Industrial Automation for the creation of a Global Design Model in support of SO&E practices. This role will support overall S&OE performance which includes driving down total costs and improving performance as it relates to customer service, supply management, inventory management, and distribution.
Responsibilities of the Role
Own the definition of the S&OE technology transformation agenda for Industrial Automation..
Communicate strategy changes and ensure these are aligned with overall goals and objectives.
Collaborate closely with multiple levels of the organization (senior executives, department and functional heads, project teams, etc.) to ensure alignment with Global Design Standards, IT initiatives, and business objectives.
Lead the end-to-end execution of the multi-year transformation program for S&OE finite scheduling applications, including defining project goals, milestones, and resource allocation.
Indirectly manage the solutions team, vendors, and consultants to drive successful program delivery.
Assess potential risks and challenges and develop/execute mitigation strategies.
Define and manage the budget for the transformation agenda, ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficient resource allocation. Track, report, and ensure the return of the transformation agenda.
Align with Sr. Directors S&OE:
o Collaborate in the development and implementation of the sales and operations excellence vision and strategy for the regional or global sales and operations excellence in alignment with ISC objectives and customer needs. Guide and facilitate supply chain’s execution of strategic objectives.
o Develop, implement, and sustain best practices in the discipline of customer service, forecasting, sales and operations excellence management, inventory management, capacity planning and sourcing from multiple vendors.
o Develop and implement production and inventory optimization strategies for commercial products, new product introductions and excess/obsolete products.
o Design and deploy global standards for sales and operations excellence execution processes and policies.
o Coach and mentor sales and operations excellence team for optimal results. Define core skills and competencies and set talent strategy.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Role
• Ability to articulate the vision and roadmap for sales and operations excellence technology development, including prioritization of tasks, allocation of resources, and drive adoption for and sustain activities that are in alignment with the vision.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization and across multiple cultures.
• Strong leadership, able to drive change, work process mindset, strong work ethic, operational credibility, results-oriented.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to indirectly influence internal stakeholders through relationship-building, persuasive communication, and collaboration.
• Identify all potential digital solutions, drive pilot projects where necessary, develop full-scale implementation and change management plans, and confirm attainment of the project goals, including:
• Enabler of technology applications, inventory controls, forecasting, production, planning/scheduling, purchasing, sales and operations excellence synchronization, distribution, logistics, and quality; including maintenance and accuracy of data.
• Excellent knowledge of the end-to-end supply chain, with clarity for understanding the importance and interdependencies associated with each stage of the process — Plan, Source, Make, Deliver.
Academic Qualifications and Work Experience
• At least 15 years of relevant experience – S&OP, S&OE, planning and scheduling; including operations management, logistics, manufacturing, etc.
• At least 15 years leading large-scale IT transformation programs in a senior leadership capacity.
• Experience in successfully managing and delivering complex technical projects or programs, ideally within a fast-paced, technology-driving environment.
• Exceptional problem-solving and critical-thinking ability, with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent level of written and spoken English
• Ability to travel at short notice and/or work overseas for extended periods of time.
Deliverables of the Role
• Sales and operations excellence technology road map, including finite scheduling Global Design Model, vision, and strategy.
• Standardized sales and operations excellence execution processes, policies, and metrics.
• Change management strategy.
Key Interfaces for the Role
• Sr. Directors S&OE
• Directors of other sales and operations excellence functions such as manufacturing, planning, and procurement.
• Corporate Planning Technology Teams
• Directors of commercial groups and customer services
Critical Behaviors for the Role
• Business awareness — Solicits information on company direction and goals, and on the industry's competitive environment, to determine how sales and operations excellence can add value for the organization and especially for customers. Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics. Demonstrates awareness by being proactive and providing clear explanations for actions taken relative to customer requirements and industry trends. Understands the economic, political, social, environmental, and digital trends that currently affect the sector, company, and sales and operations excellence organization, and that have future potential for disrupting the status quo.
• Impact and influence — Develops and maintains effective relationships (both internal and external) to facilitate changes necessary. Able to sell strategies and agreements upward in the organization and into other lines of business and joint ventures.
• Interpersonal effectiveness — Understand different points of view and resolve issues in a constructive manner. Able to operate effectively and comfortably in an international multicultural working environment.
• Leadership — Ability to attract, lead, manage, and inspire sales and operations excellence talent and resources across the entire organization. Confidence and commitment to delivering the vision and promoting the interests of the sales and operations excellence organization.
• Customer-centricity — Considers the impacts of all decisions on the customer, ensuring that any changes will improve and not impede customer service.
• Change advocate — Identifies and acts upon opportunities for continuous improvement as well as disruptive and transformational change where warranted. Encourages prudent risk-taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning. Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words. Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.