Join us in shaping a more just world.
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll perform complex research, design, and software assignments. Providing input to project plans, scheduling and methodology, you'll be developing cross-functional software products. You'll be working on individual tasks and solving problems. This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products.Requirements:
· 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
· BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
· Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
· Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
· Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
· Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
· Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
· Collaborate with our product managers and UX teams on solutions.
· Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
· Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
· Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
· Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
· Assist and mentor junior software engineers as needed.
· Design and work with complex data models.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization, with various flexible and remote working options available to employees
Working with Us
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Together, we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Working for you
We believe in a healthy work/life balance. We know that your well-being and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
Dependent care and commuter spending accounts
Life and accident insurance
Retirement benefits (salary investment plan/employer stock purchase plan)
Modern family benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
About our Team
LexisNexis is a data and analytics company with 10,500 colleagues serving customers in more than 150 countries. We’re one of the largest information and analytics companies on the planet. We design solutions that help our customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and be more successful.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .
RELX is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives and insurance companies offer customers lower prices. We save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing fraud and help executives forge commercial relationships with their clients.
In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive.