Amazon Web Services (AWS) internships are for 12 consecutive weeks during summer. By applying to this position, your application will be considered for the locations listed on this posting.
Amazon Redshift is the world’s most popular fully managed cloud data warehouse. Tens of thousands of enterprise customers use Redshift to crunch through exabytes of data in the cloud to make business critical decisions every day. To stay ahead in such a mission critical setting, at Redshift, we must always re-invent ourselves for customers. We are always looking for the innovative engineers to help shape the future of Redshift.
About the team
Distributed data management is at the heart of Amazon Redshift data analytics services and is responsible for delivering ultra-fast and highly scalable performance. We are building and operating large scale, distributed, fault-tolerant data and transaction management solutions using specialized data structures, distributed consensus algorithms and many other advanced technologies. We are working with AWS platform teams in shaping requirements and solutions for next generation platforms to run database/analytics applications.
Our team consists of industry leading innovators, with multitudes of patents and research publications in this space. We are a fun-loving team, that is passionate about ideating, designing, delivering and operating data analytics services to delight customers with extreme performance and scalability. We are distributed across many locations in US, Germany, and are expanding in other geographies.
If you are interested to contribute to the next generation hyper-scale data analytics services and architecture, are curious and get things done, we would like you to consider our team.
Key job responsibilities
• Design, implement and deliver state-of-the-art distributed, high-performance data and transaction management processing algorithms and solutions.
• Deploy and monitor new features in a highly available and fault tolerant system running in the cloud.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
East Palo Alto, CA, USA | Redmond, WA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
• Pursuing Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field with graduation conferral date after December 2024
• Programming experience with C or C+• Internship, project, or academic experience in at least one of the areas: internals, kernel, OS/storage systems, job scheduling, resource management, file systems, search, or performance engineering
• Pursuing PhD Degree with focus on Systems / Information Theory, Databases, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong software development skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $88,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $200,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.