Weyerhaeuser is seeking TWO Plant Supervisors for the Microllam/TJI Joist manufacturing facility located in Eugene, Oregon.
_Available Position:_(11pm - 7am)
The Plant Supervisor is full time, exempt and reports to the Press Operations Manager. The role is a front-line supervisor position responsible for the safety, production and quality goals of a production team for whom the supervisor plans, leads and directs the daily activities.
The Shift Supervisor is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role. Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state and local laws and regulations. The selected applicant must be committed to leading continuous improvement in safety, reliability, cost management, process improvement, production flows, contingent staffing and housekeeping.
The role is responsible for:
- Providing daily leadership and oversight of hourly production employees
- Ensuring the safe and efficient execution of work
- Role modeling safe work practices and facilitating team meetings & trainings with assigned team
- Ensuring proper job and safety rules are understood and followed
- Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues and incident investigation and follow-up when safety or environmental incidents occur
- Meeting production standards and goals
- Developing and training associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Supporting training and development plans to improve skills, knowledge and team performance
- Supporting the improvement of key performance indicators and continuous improvement of operational functions and for department budget cost effectiveness
- Leading the team by proactively resolving employee issues, encouraging teamwork, and ensuring adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Staffing, recruiting and retaining talent
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Strong leadership skills that include the proven ability to coach employees to a higher level of performance
- Willingness and ability to participate in safety initiatives, including exhibiting safe work practices and helping others work safely
- Demonstrated experience as a results-focused problem solver with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent team building, problem solving, decision-making, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in and lead diverse teams
- Track record of consistently demonstrating collaborative and inclusive leadership skills as well as positive influence, with accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, quality, productivity and people development
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to continuously improve processes and eliminate unscheduled downtime
- Must be computer proficient with experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and at heights when conditions warrant
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays to support a 24/7 operation
- Uploaded resume detailing work experience must be included in order to be considered for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years management, supervisory or lead experience
- Leadership/Management experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Strong mechanical knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01019587