We are Lockheed Martin Aeronautics!
The story of aviation has always been the story of people who have the courage to fail, to try again and to one day succeed. Since Lockheed Martin’s inception and continuing today, the passion to advance aeronautical design and help our customers achieve mission success has been ingrained in our culture. It is that passion combined with a strategic focus on ever changing global challenges that shapes our path forward.
What You Will Be Doing
Simulation and System Test is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Electrical/Electronics staff engineer to perform design and provide technical leadership for Simulation Hardware (HW) Lab environments for our customers.
- Detailed tasks include estimating, systems requirements analysis, project EVMS status/coordination, customer/product reviews, HW development (electrical wiring design, schematic capture, 2D drawings, parts lists definition, configuration management), procurement initiation, vendor/supplier coordination, HW fabrication liaison, HW checkout, HW equipment troubleshooting/testing, Lab HW integration, and delivery which spans the entire HW Development Lifecycle.
The initial assignment entails developing and integrating Hardware electronic equipment for Man-In-The-Loop and Hardware-In-The-Loop Lab applications for both ADP and F-35 System Integration Lab projects. This position will be responsible for electrical design of Lab infrastructure including Facility Power Distribution, Aircraft PME Interfaces (Fiber Channel, 1394 I/F, 1553 I/F, Ethernet, Discretes, Serial Buses), Simulation Cockpits, Image Generators, I/O systems, Audio/Visual equipment, Data Recording, Host Computer assemblies, and Network equipment as required.
Hardware development duties are likely to change over time and assignments may change as required by the organization.
You will need to be a US Citizen, and currently possess and be able to maintain a US DoD SECRET clearance, to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a security clearance.
What’s In It For You: 3 day weekends every weekend!
From flexible work schedules to comprehensive benefits investing in your future and security.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Aeronautics Engineering.
- Experience in electrical hardware design and interpretation/development of Engineering Drawings, Parts Lists, and Bill of Materials.
- Experience with MS Project, MS Visio, CM Tools such as PDM and/or CAD Datanet or equivalent, Parts Purchasing systems such as SAP NPRs, P-Card, EMAS or equivalent.
- Electrical Design/Troubleshooting experience with Electrical, Fiber Optic, and Audio/Visual equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with various hardware equipment vendors/suppliers.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Hardware Engineering