Description: Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business area is experiencing some significant growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, TX.
From ultra-precision machining and additive manufacturing to the development and production of complex optical components and sophisticated electronic systems, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) utilizes the latest capabilities in manufacturing to produce some of the world's most advanced weapon and sensor technology.
- Performing a variety of inspection operations of mechanical parts and installations fabricated and/or assembled such as:
Complete systems, assemblies, tools, jigs, fixtures, prototypes, training devices and detail parts on manufacturing prototype/production development and production/spares programs
- Perform inspections of purchased hardware where specialized equipment/facilities are required
- Perform inspections utilizing a variety of techniques, inspection equipment and instruments to include visual, layout methods and various conventional types of mechanical measurement devices
- Perform inspections to specifications, drawings, planning, quality procedures, industry standards and other customer or company documents
- Perform general and periodic surveillance of work and associated storage areas
- Handle, utilize, maintain and store inspection equipment in a manner to prevent damage, abuse or neglect and to maintain its serviceability
- May be required to maintain records and logs. Keep own work area clean and orderly.
- Requires the use of complicated blueprints, specifications, advanced shop mathematics and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
Please consider joining our Missiles and Fire Control Advanced Manufacturing team and take a step toward solving complex challenges and changing the world at the same time.
Applicants selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Our Location: Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with an extensive economy and a pleasant climate.
This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Working knowledge and history of machined parts, tooling inspection, or mechanical assembly inspection.
- Mechanical Inspection skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a technical trade or trade school including, but not limited to: machine parts, assembly, NDT, aircraft, sheet metal and welding.
- Working knowledge and history of machined parts inspection processes and procedure with extensive background and knowledge in Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM).
- Penetrant Certification, Weld Inspection Certification (CWI).
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection