Managers are responsible for managing 2 or more functional areas and a team comprising of four or more engineers. They are responsible for the overall management of team, budget, projects, building vision and roadmap, day to day work and operational activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership, management as well as technical vision for the team with the areas in charge of
• Manager works with our development groups to build, distribute, and deploy our products to external customers across a range-off technology stacks
• As a manager, you will be responsible for our build and deployment pipelines as well as automations for internal processes that keep the development group running as efficiently as possible
• As a DevOps manager, you will be working closely with other stakeholders and partners to coordinate project planning and execution across teams
• As a manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a high performing engineering team. Mentoring, coaching and supporting individuals in their career growth, through 1:1s and developing healthy relationships
• Designing, implementing and introducing processes and practices required to keep an engineering organization running efficiently
• Develop and implement operational plans, which includes validating requirements, reviewing DFD (Data Flow Diagram), server specifics which includes server type, compute and memory, production build out plan, operational readiness testing, security aspects and updates, distribution and management of production traffic.
• Demonstrate strong leadership abilities to effectively delegate tasks, clear and crisp communication, keeping the leadership fully aware of the project, incidents/issues updates, creating successors, setting organization goals for the team, partnering and driving initiatives/issue resolutions pro-actively with other teams.
• Manage and oversee development of implementations from partner organizations (SE, VDE, Product, and 3rd party vendors) to meet the deadlines and avoid delays
• Manage and drive resiliency, redundancy, tech debt projects, identify gaps and improvements and drive initiatives to pro-actively fix them to reduce incidents/issues, reducing MTTR, and operationally prepared to minimize disruptions to customer experience
• Manage resource allocations, and schedules
• Identify technology needs and make recommendations to business decision-makers
• Implement company-wide technology updates and hold sessions to teach employees on new features
• Work with senior leaders to shape the go-forward vision for the organization
• Assist removing technical obstacles, help enhance team processes, handle resource issues and interact with varied members to assure sprint iteration and product release successful delivery
• Report on prevailing project schedule as well as progress on weekly basis.
• Supervise technology trends like emerging standards for fresh technology opportunities.
• Support and drive resolutions for complex issues with various software/products/application systems.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years leading engineering teams with DevOps skillset and public and private cloud experience.
• Using engineering automation tools such as: Argo CD, Ansible, Jenkins, GitLab, and Artifactory
• Technologies: Microservices, Java, Python, Scripting languages, Kubernetes
• Public cloud providers: Amazon Web Service, VMWare
#LI-HYBRID EVD600 330798 330798BR
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensivepay and benefits (https://jobs.spectrum.com/compensation-and-benefits) package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of$110,800.00 to $196,400.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.