Description: The coolest job on this planet….or any other….are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Systems Engineer , you will:
• Perform technical planning, requirement decomposition, integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support engineering technical reviews/design reviews.
• At all levels, analyze total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Develop use cases, states and modes diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, block definition diagrams, logical and physical interface block diagrams, parametric diagrams, and others to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Support Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) efforts
• Champion and Drive MBSE and other Digital Engineering initiatives
Learn more about the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) using this link
You can learn more about Huntsville, AL by visiting this link.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience using Cameo and DOORS
• Experience implementing SysML on a development program
• Experience implementing Systems Engineering processes
• Experience implementing MBSE analysis and execution with system models on a development program
• Interim Secret required to start
• Experience leading teams and efforts implementing MBSE on a development program
• OCSMP System Modeling Certification
• Experience with OOSEM
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Experience with Agile Methodologies
• Active Secret Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other