Graham Packaging is a people, planet and values-based company and a leader in sustainable packaging manufacturing. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging is part of your everyday life.
For employees at Graham, our Blue Culture is part of their everyday lives, too. In other words, Blue is how we do things here.
At Graham, we are united by a clear vision. We know our part and help those around us know theirs, encouraging one another to continuously improve. We create a safe, challenging environment to innovate by supporting creative ideas and new ways of thinking. We take the initiative to cultivate our individual growth and help others do the same, while keeping ourselves and one another accountable. And we actively promote cooperation, collaboration, integrity and respect across regions and teams to foster an engaged, diverse and connected workforce.
We value our employees, and a Blue Culture allows for the most rewarding employee experience as part of the Graham family. Blue is how we feel about what we do—together—to create a better tomorrow. Working at Graham means you lead constructively with clear goals, use diverse thinking to drive excellence, accountability, innovation, as well as demonstrating collaboration, embracing learning, and taking action for continuous improvement and growth.
Graham Packaging Canada Limited is looking for a Blow Mold Set Up Technician based in Mississauga, ON.
Blow Mold Set Up Technicians are responsible for maintain all blow molds and machines and perform/assist with related Preventative Maintenance.
The primary duties of a Blow Mold Technician include:
• Set up and operate one or more blow moulding machines according to specifications.
• Change moulds, tooling, and adjust equipment to specification during production line change.
• Monitor quality of bottles being produced and adjust machine settings as required.
• Troubleshoot, maintain and make minor repairs to equipment.
• Follow B.O.M. for proper moulding process.
• Maintain inventory of material, and clean working area.
• Maintain all molds, machines.
• Initiate corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities through defined/document channels, and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
• Follow all safety rules including Lock-Out / Tag-Out procedures.
• Assist production as needed.
• Ensure adequate spare parts inventory.
• Assist with appropriate general housekeeping
• Completion of secondary school required together with additional post-secondary plastics or manufacturing education, or related discipline.
• Completion of a statistical process control (SPC) course beneficial.
• Completion of courses in hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics systems an asset.
• A minimum of two (2) years position experience in manufacturing required, with several years of previous experience as a helper, tender or packer.
• Superior problem solving and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Has strong interpersonal skills and maintains constructive working relationships.
• Must have the ability to work independently within a defined/documented schedule.
• Computer literate and with a working knowledge of MS Office products.
• Has a clear understanding of potential health and safety hazards within a manufacturing facility and is knowledgeable of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
Job Locations CA-ON-Mississauga
Category Manufacturing Operations
We believe in equal opportunity for all job candidates, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations or marital status. Download these flyers to learn more about our company’s policies, including our participation in E-Verify.