Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of more than $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, growing efficiency in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our distributed team delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibility is to support implementation of PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Business System to drive continuous improvement through Operational Excellence and Lean Transformation.
The PPI Specialist plays an important role ensuring the productivity targets are reached and the PPI activities for the site are successfully implemented through a collaborative challenge and an active support to the Site Leadership Team and other departments.
Specific responsibilities/main activities:
• Deliver results by leading change in peoples’ and factory mindset.
• Promote lean principles and Operational Excellence standard methodologies across functions, allowing business grow through the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and the embedding of lean concepts.
• Deploy lean culture and Operational Excellence tools within the organization via trainings and engagement activities.
• Actively work on challenging projects and timelines to reach saving and productivity targets both at site and company level collaborating with other site functions.
• Analyze the existing production processes looking at timing, risks, costs and wastes to increase yield and productivity.
• Lead approved process improvement initiatives at all levels of the organization: Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, FMEA, SMED, RCA, 5W, 5S, Tier Management, lean workshops.
• Coordinate the site’s performance management framework, supporting functions and site management in measuring performances ensuring an alignment with division and company goal.
All the activities are performed under the guidance and supervision of the Manager PPI to ensure full alignment with Operational Excellence function and site goals.
All internal functions, from shop floor operators to site leadership team. In addition, externally with Corporate functions, employees from other Thermo Fisher Scientific sites, customers, consulting firms and suppliers.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or previous experiences in similar positions
• Master degree in Engineering, Sciences or Business
Technical and PC knowledge:
• Good problem solving and excellent team working attitude
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
• Good presentation skills
• Knowledge of continuous improvement and manufacturing principles
• Green/Black Belt certification
• Familiarity with GMP
• Knowledge of statistical tools
• Expertise in Project Management
• 1-2 years experience in continuous improvement roles in manufacturing sites
• 2-3 years experience with manufacturing processes
• Fluency in English and Italian
• Ability to promote the change and partner with different functions and seniority levels
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, change management, and people leadership skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to think “out of the box”
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.