Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
Only Applicants who can work 3 days onsite / 2 days remote in NYC will be considered
The available salary for this opportunity is $65,000.
Function as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Lead corporate meetings and events through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients. Responsible for coordination of program planning from post contract execution to final billing, while providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all travel programs. Works closely with client contact to understand and meet program objectives/outcomes. The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/programs. Scope of work will vary from client-to-client and program-to-program. Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Roles & Responsibilities PROCESS MANAGEMENT:
• Complete project timeline establishes a workflow schedule with client and suppliers to facilitate timely and accurate handling of all program details.
• Use business program management system to handle program from contract turn-over meeting to final bill completion.
• Handle and negotiate any additional hotel needs, destination management company (DMC), air and all third-party contracts. Monitor attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensure contracted services are implemented.
• Communicate between Information Technology support and clients for web requirements on assigned programs.
• Work with creative team to produce program materials.
• Coordinate and attend site inspections as needed.
• Coordinate all program details and produce a program itinerary / working agenda that outlines all program specifics and requirements.
• May conduct program debrief with client.
• Work with accounting to complete final bill, review final billing prior to final invoicing to client.
• Maintain accurate records, system input, and complete file management as outlined in American Express M&E and client policies and procedures.
• Evaluate program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes, plan for continuous improvement.
• Partner with designated team to communicate registration and air needs, status meetings and continuous communication throughout program.
• Able to assist with any level of event including those of a sophisticated nature, large volume, high level of confidentiality, international scope, etc.
• Source/Contract 3rd party suppliers
• Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
• Run overall program budget, review and audit all program related billing for accuracy. Track and report expenses to clients and communicate changes on a consistent basis.
• May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
• Work with leader to forecast overall program financials to ensure monthly tracking for actual spend.
• Supervise foreign exchange rates for sharp fluctuations which may impact the budget.
• Work on special projects as assigned by the Director or Operations Manager.
• May require travel to destinations worldwide in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
• Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain key client and supplier relationships
• Develop and maintain knowledge of technology and/or software solutions
• Prioritize multiple projects/demands effectively
- Requires a person to take initiative and drive engagement.
3-5 years meeting planning experience required.
Incentive, VIP, C-level type meeting planning preferred.
4-year degree preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of management and clients.
Ability to work accurately and timely – to meet deadlines.
Ability to be flexible and handle change well.
Analytical skills required.
Microsoft Word and Excel experience – Intermediate level
Experience with meeting industry technology a plus (CVENT)
Advanced oral and written presentation skills required.
Ability to travel by airplane, boat, rail and/or car.
Position requires resource to work onsite in client office 3 days per week/2 days remote.
United States - New York - New York City
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $46,000 to $93,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance (https://explorer.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/rs/346-POJ-129/images/GBT_2023BenefitsAtAGlance_Without_Rates_Final.pdf)
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement (https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/gbt-recruitment-privacy-statement/) .
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;" please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
Click Here to Learn More (https://www.amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/careers/)