Description: We are Lockheed Martin
Multi-Functional Quality Associate Manager (Level L4)
Skunk Works is seeking a Multi-Functional Quality Associate Manager for Advanced Development Program (ADP) line of business in Palmdale, CA.
The candidate will report to the ADP - Supplier Quality Integration (SQI) team which functions as the integration and interface point between SQM fielded personnel, suppliers, program stakeholders (including supply chain, production & operations, quality, engineering, and program management) as well as customers (DCMA and Program Office(s)), providing technical/process expertise and facilitation towards risk/impact mitigation and issue resolution.
This position will utilize Project Management and Quality Science tools and processes to lead a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors to ensure quality at source, material availability, and to mitigate/eliminate/prevent disruptions to Development, Production and Sustainment.
This role will represent the ADP-SQI team and SQM organization in regular customer and stakeholder engagements, leading team projects and initiatives, and day-to-day leadership of a team comprised of Quality Engineers and Receiving Inspectors.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
-Drive collaboration and mature processes between various functions/resources/locations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
-Ensure appropriate identification and flow down of quality requirements (internal and contractual) and effective implementation of quality requirements.
-Ensure effective implementation of quality management system within ADP.
-Ensure effective implementation of a metrics program, risk mitigation, and actively address adverse trends.
-Ensure product acceptance and delivery per established process and program requirements.
-Manage resource allocation, work assignments and establishing/maintaining an effective business rhythm.
-Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection, training, recognition / disciplinary actions, and provide guidance based on organizational goals and company policy.
Must be a US Citizen. This position supports facilities that requires special access.
Secret Clearance will be required.
The position may require up to 10% travel.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9-15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
- Bachelor's degree or above in a technical / STEM field or equivalent experience in Quality/Operations/Engineering.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and must have an interim clearance prior to starting
- Working knowledge of Quality Engineering methods, processes, and tools
- Experience with AS9100 Quality systems
- Experience leading teams and projects.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications, and apply knowledge in troubleshooting technical issues and developing/validating solutions
- Experienced in using various inspection measurement tools
- Experience and demonstrable proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization to identify and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative/qualitative analytical capabilities to communicate and influence others in concise, data driven methodologies.
- Demonstrated quality management system understanding and quality science demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis & process control, sampling, six sigma, FAI, PPAP, PFMEA, process auditing or validation, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- Quality Engineering and Supply Chain experience for developmental programs.
- Previous leadership experience
-Experience in the following areas: Developmental programs, AVMS (Air Vehicle and Mission Systems) components and Systems Integration, Build-to-Print or Tooling controlled components, production-line integration/support, supply chain engagement, executive and/or customer engagement experience.
- Experience managing, coaching, and leading teams utilizing Full Spectrum Leadership and Culture of Accountability tools and principles.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Lean Six Sigma Certification, and/or related Technical Background/Experience.
- Ability to manage large areas of responsibility and autonomy with demonstrated effective development of plans and execution of assignments.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build consensus, and shape/influence opinions.
- Established leadership experience with project and change management.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in California or New York City is $105,000 - $197,800. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection