Building off our Cloud momentum, Oracle has formed a new organization - Oracle Health Applications & Infrastructure (OHAI). This team will focus on product development and product strategy for Oracle Health, while building out a complete platform supporting modernized, automated healthcare. This is a net new line of business, constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it an extraordinary engineering center with the focus on excellence.
As OHAI Sr. Director of Security Architecture & Engineering, you will lead a team of 20+ employees with the ability to flex up as needed. You will have a deep background in all aspects of security architecture including infrastructure, application, cloud, and mobile. You will work multi-functionally with the Oracle and OCI Enterprise Architecture teams. The position works with partners in Infrastructure, Operations, Applications, and Data Management to ensure alignment. You will also help represent information security on various projects and boards.
Strategic Planning – Develops and maintains a comprehensive vision and strategy for security architecture to accomplish department objectives of protecting our systems and data while facilitating new and existing business models highly dependent on technology.
Program Management - Lead a portfolio of architecture related services including the pipeline of projects/tasks to migrate current legacy systems (through the Cerner acquisition) build, evolve, and change them as needed. Various peers and partners will provide support both within and outside the larger organization including risk management alignment, project management, financial planning, and human resources.
Leadership and Services – Direct a team that includes:
• Analysis, requirement development, design, and governance of the security processes and tools ecosystem
• Establish a security reference architecture to lead commercial, federal, and international healthcare product and services implementations and automate its implementation
• Security technical and project leadership for fine grained solutions including developing robust security reference architectures
• Develop guidelines and processes to govern a centralized security capabilities and services model
• Provide technical and/or project leadership function for assigned security projects including; the protection of information systems assets, corporate information, and intellectual property
• Leverage existing solutions and global design to drive standardization and simplification to reduce implementation timelines and costs
• Build consensus for and communicate security standards and policies
• Identify critical path decisions, make recommendations, and influence program leaders / business process owners
• Communicate with internal and external contributing organizations
• Technical advisory and domain expertise to internal collaborators and partners
• Maintain outstanding knowledge of the cyber security capabilities of operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings
• Understand technical issues and the implications to the business and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders
• Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventive control sets
• Routinely collaborate with other team members in security software engineering, identity and access management, security systems administration/tools management, application security, and our cybersecurity active defense group to defend our enterprise from constantly evolving threats
• Coordinate closely with the OHAI Security PMO team to provide regular metrics and reporting to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the services, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the overall maturity of related security capabilities
• Collaborate with other corporate functions including Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Privacy, and Enterprise Sourcing to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
• Liaise with Security Champions for cybersecurity and IT Risk & Compliance Management program needs within business units
• 10+ years as an engineer with hands on security architecture engineering experience
• 4+ years as a Director or VP Level management at a very large organization, such as Fortune 500 or similar
• Experience leading first line managers and directors with different accountability across multiple departments with a scope of 20+ direct reports
• Strong leadership skills planning, organizing, leading, and measuring service driven teams
• Good interpersonal and communications skills to build/ maintain ongoing business relationships
• Experience with compliance regulations/laws, security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, HIPAA, ISO, COBIT, OWASP, ITIL, etc.)
• Ability to exercise and mentor others on good professional judgment and security-related ethics
• Experience with highly sensitive regulated data associated with industries such as healthcare
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of the healthcare, distribution, or software industries is a plus
• Experience with law enforcement, defense, or intelligence community a plus
• OSCP, SANS/GIAC, CISSP or other similar professional certifications are a plus
Ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance strongly preferred
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated locations only
US: Hiring Range: from $161,600 to $338,600 per annum. May be eligible for bonus, equity, and compensation deferral.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle US offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
Short term disability and long term disability
Life insurance and AD&D
Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
11 paid holidays
Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
Paid parental leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Financial planning and group legal
Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know by calling +1 888 404 2494, option one.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer