Supplier Performance Specialist
Company : Safran Power Units
Job field : Purchasing
Location : San Diego , California , United States
Contract type : Permanent
Contract duration : Full-time
Required degree : Bachelor's Degree
Required experience : More than 3 years
Professional status : Employees / Staff
Salary range : $80,000-$100,000
Apply with one click Any questions ?
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose: Monitor and manage operational performance of a supplier panel in terms of quality in collaboration with quality job field, supplier quality assurance and logistics from the selection phase to the series production phase. Manage the consistency of improvement actions initiated by all the parties in the supply chain process. Maintain contracts through obtaining and concluding the implementation of improvement plans with suppliers, enabling them to continuously increase their maturity level.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Measure and analyzing the efficiency of supplier monitoring and ensuring that is capitalized upon and continuously improved.
• Planning, coordinating and possibly conducing the following audits and assessments with suppliers: Capacity Production management, Supply Chain, Quality Process etc. and ensure accuracy.
• Conducting internal supplier performance coordination reviews. Coordinating and monitoring internal action plans and action plans with suppliers, and terminating them once the results are achieved and lasting.
• Steering the supplier action plans in the event of recurrent malfunctions. Validating the corrective actions requests and responses of suppliers in the event of recurrent and/or major incidents.
• Consolidating and passing on the non-quality costs and logistics penalties in coordination with the buyer responsible for the supplier.
• Defining and coordinating the monitoring plan. Validating its implementation with the procurement and supplier quality teams. Validating the risk analyses and associated actions.
• Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for suppliers, including on-time delivery, quality metrics, and cost performance.
• Regularly assess and monitor supplier performance against established KPIs.
• Use data-driven insights to identify areas of improvement and address non-conformities.
• Manage Product Support Agreement (PSA) and Long Term Agreements
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain management or related field.
• 3-5 years' experience in supplier quality management or related role in aerospace.
• Strong knowledge of aerospace industry standards, regulations, and quality systems (e.g., AS9100, ISO9001, NADCAP).
• Proficiency in quality tools and methodologies, such as Six Sigma, Lean, or statistical process control.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Familiarity with supplier risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
• Project management skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Knowledge of contract management and legal aspects related to supplier agreements.
4.0 Physical Requirements:
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Ability to travel up to 20%
• The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from t
Locate your future workplace
4255 Ruffin roadCA 92123
California United States
To view this content please accept Functional cookies.
Number of countries where Safran is located
business area families
Safran is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.