The truck mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on company vehicles and equipment which include gas and diesel-powered engines, hydraulic, electrical, and air brake systems. This role plays a critical part in the continued success of the company and the safety of its team members.
Diesel, Truck, Fabrication, Welding, Troubleshooting, Mechanical, Electrical, Repair, Hydraulics, air brake, Preventive maintenance, customer service, committed, positive attitude, team oriented, time management, dependable, quality focused, flexibility
Top Skills Details:
Diesel,Truck,Fabrication,Welding,Troubleshooting,Mechanical,Electrical,Repair,Hydraulics,air brake,Preventive maintenance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Graduate of Tech School for Diesel Mechanics (or equivalent y experience working with class 8 trucks)
• 3+ Years’ experience in a class 8 diesel repair shop
• ASE Certification in Diesel Mechanics
• Hydraulic experience is a plus.
• Mechanic with tools preferred
• Trucking-related experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving history
• Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to perform intermediate-level computer tasks with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Outlook and Excel
• Willingness to work additional hours, including off-hours “call-ins” and some holidays
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.