EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: -- Project Manager-HVAC
Job Summary: --This position is responsible for the efficient management and coordination of designated mechanical construction projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Solicit design build, plan & spec and related construction projects while building long-term relationships with all potential customers.
• Assess sales leads for project qualification and check on the customer credit worthiness with the aid of NEMSI's Credit Manager.
• Manage multiple projects depending on the size and timing of the projects
• Log all projects onto the construction quotation log and obtain an estimate number for tracking purposes
• Manage and negotiate out contract language detrimental to NEMSI’s best interest. Then obtain the approval of the Vice President
• Gather information to process the project booking report, including all necessary building permits, exemption certificates and bonds
• Coordinate all shop drawings and submittals in addition to keeping a log showing the status of submissions
• Responsible for preparing schedules and purchasing all equipment, materials and subcontracts associated with the project
• Manage ordering and delivery schedules of equipment and materials
• Plan, schedule, and forecast manpower resources required
• Maintain a major purchase log that compares the purchase price to the estimated price.
• Responsible for arranging and conducting project kickoff meetings for each project in addition to attending all customer and project related meetings.
• Oversee financial management of all projects assigned
• Prepare schedule of values, initiate billings in a timely manner and follow-up on payments with NEMSI AR department
• Manage subcontractors
• Work closely with field superintendents to support productivity in the field
• Expedite the job close-out-process including managing punch-list, arranging and coordinating startup, registering equipment, compiling O&M manuals, as-built drawings, warranty letters and assistance in obtaining final payment
• Responsible for initiating, processing, and coordinating all shop drawings and submittals for project.
Qualifications:-- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma and 5+ years experience in Construction Management or equivalent. Understanding of HVAC and Building Automation Systems. Ability to interpret design documentation. 5+ years of trade experience, strong communication and written skills. Understanding of commercial/industrial HVAC Systems, project blueprints and building codes. Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Project.
Retain clients and develop a prospect base. The ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated in developing new business. Attire is business casual
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, stock purchase plan with match and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.