The SaaS Cloud Security organization is responsible for securing enterprise-grade software services on behalf of our 25,000 customers, processing over 60 billion transactions per day.
As a senior engineer responsible for the SaaS Cloud Security Team, you will contribute to building tools and applications that will strengthen and innovate in the security space within the Oracle SaaS cloud and infrastructure.
You will play a critical role in the design, development and execution of multiyear security strategies designed to improve the security and compliance posture of Oracle’s SaaS services.
The organization is responsible for designing, developing and deploying new cyber-security solutions and integrating with existing third-party vendor security systems, following a DevSecOps approach.
• You will be a key member of the team in innovating, designing, and developing security management systems for all SaaS Cloud applications and infrastructure
• You will participate in the architecture and design of systems, and use modern programming practices
• You will be bringing your experience in building, deploying and owning distributed and resilient systems to design simple, scalable, performant and secure architectures
• You will be working closely with other security engineering teams, to share information, advance the team’s skills, experiences and capabilities
• You will be a driver of creating a culture of quality and attention to detail at Oracle, through your multi-faceted leadership approach including results your team delivers, your innovation, your mentorship, and your engineering of world class security management solutions
• You will work closely with your partners and peers in security operations who use your software to carry out their security analysis and management activities
• You will influence and assist in new security solutions and process definition, in line with the scale and rate of change of a multi-application SaaS environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 8 years of experience in software product development
• Experience in following clean design principles while developing distributed, resilient, and scalable architectures
• Experience building and deploying microservices or streaming systems on popular cloud infrastructures
• Experience with one functional programming language (ideally Scala but also F# or Haskell) and any functional programming tool, e.g. Typelevel stack (Cats, Cats Effect, Fs2), Zio, Zio Streams
• Experience deploying and running containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes (or similar)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Kafka and Kafka Streams strongly preferred
• Experience with the Rust programming language is beneficial
• Experience with one or more data storage solutions (e.g. Oracle, Cassandra, Redis)
• Experience with CI/CD tools and practices, ideally integrated with SAST/DAST
You thrive on collaboration. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with peers, engineers, operations, product managers, executives, and designers and inspire them to do their best.
You are passionate and experienced as a software developer. You engage with your peers, the industry and experts to stay current on research and innovation to drive the right directions and strategies from a security infrastructure and software development perspective.
You are open and transparent and seek learning and feedback. You are self-critical, you proactively seek out feedback. We lead by example and share feedback and learnings in a safe and productive way that focuses on improvements, root cause analysis and never blame as the desired result.
You make things happen. You own and are accountable for delivering the execution to the overall strategy and missions of the organization. You want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to driving security innovation and world class engineering in the SaaS Cloud Security space.
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know by calling +1 888 404 2494, option one.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer